[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio and S/PDIF

Jerry Geis jerry.geis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 18:31:50 UTC 2023

>Don't bother. This is an issue common to 99% of USB webcams. Namely,
>those not listed explicitly in /usr/share/alsa/cards/USB-Audio.conf.

>Both the analog and the fake S/PDIF microphones ultimately point to
>exactly the same ALSA hardware device.

Alexandar - thanks

But it seems if I dont "mute" the S/PDIF microphone - it get feedback ???
If I mute it from the GUI and use the webcam all is fine.
If I unmute it back I get feedback.

I am trying to figure out how to unmute it from the command line though as
there is more than 1 of these.
THanks

Jerry