Getting Pulseaudio and alsa to share one sound card

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Tue May 7 18:33:18 UTC 2024

Hello,

maybe you don't have the alsa config for pulseaudio. Normally aplay -L
shows that the default device points to pulse:

null
default
     Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server

pulse
     PulseAudio Sound Server

I guess the Moode audio player tries to access the ALSA device directly
and fails because the device is already in use by pulseaudio. There might
also be a configuration option in the player to make it use pulse.

Regards
               Georg