Code freeze and first release candidate tagged

Tue Aug 17 07:27:36 PDT 2004

Mike A. Harris wrote:
> Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>
>> Stuart Kreitman wrote:
>>
>>> Does everyone outside of SUN use gcc, and if so, would you write an
>>> internal bug to ask our code tools to increase the PIC table?
>>

>> They'd close it as "RTFM".  If your code uses more than 2048
>> symbols on SPARC, you need to use -KPIC (Sun cc) or -fPIC (gcc),
>> instead of the -Kpic/-fpic used by default in the X Imake configs.
>> The fix here is simply to use the right set of PIC flags for the
>> GL libraries.  (I fixed this before, but it seems to have gotten
>> lost in the Mesa 6 import and code reorganization.)
>

> Did you fix it in Mesa CVS, or Xorg CVS?

Xorg CVS.  I have no idea where Mesa CVS is nor write access to it.
(I'm sure I could find it if I needed to, but I didn't think I did.)
It was not in the xc/extras/Mesa directory, but in the xc/lib/GL
directory, so I didn't think that the files came from Mesa CVS.
It simply got lost because the builds for the new Mesa are a bit
different - the Imakefile I modified is no longer used
(xc/lib/GL/mesa/src/Imakefile) and the change didn't get propogated
to the subdirectory Imakefiles that seem to have replaced it.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com