Small X11R6.8.2RC1 status report ...

Fri Dec 17 10:56:36 PST 2004

Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> for this.   (I don't think you've ever been able to build it on SPARC
> with the Sun compilers, only gcc, since the inline assembly routines
> haven't yet been ported to SPARC.)

Whoops, need to wait for caffiene absorption to complete.   That should
be "since the inline assembly routines for SPARC haven't been ported
to the Sun compiler's inline assembly format."   (Actually, they have,
I just have never committed them since I have no way to test that they
do the right thing.   The one time I tried running Xorg on my Ultra 10
it hung the PCI bus so thoroughly that even the soft power button on the
front failed and I had to hit the power supply toggle to reset it.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com