need a name for the server we build from the XFree86 ddx?

Keith Packard release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:16:28 -0800

--==_Exmh_-1051802152P

Around 15 o'clock on Feb 27, "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" wrote:

> It should probably not be Xorg. (Too cheesy.)

But, that would let people know who's server it is without any chance of
confusion.  We don't ever expect to have more than one server per machine
again.

> Maybe Xxof?

Yeah, could do that too, but we'd have to explain it repeatedly.

> Any other suggestions?

Xserver, X11  -- but neither of these name the organization and so may
seem a bit presumptuous.

-keith

--==_Exmh_-1051802152P

--==_Exmh_-1051802152P--