Minutes from July 16 Release Wranglers call

Torrey Lyons torrey at mrcla.com
Fri Jul 16 13:36:15 PDT 2004

Some comments on Mac OS X support:

1. If the next release is going to be a major release and not a
stability X11R6.7.1 release, I was planning to pull all the recent
XDarwin work over from the XFree86 tree. Any objections to merging
this into HEAD? (I see from a comment by Roland Mainz that Mac OS X
does not currently work.)

2. Adding XDarwin server side support for many of the new extensions
contemplated for this release will not be trivial. The release
schedule is very aggressive since there is not yet a clear consensus
on exactly what is going into it.

3. Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" (http://www.apple.com/macosx/tiger/) will
ship with an updated version of Apple's X11. Apple is going to be
faced with the question of what release they should base Tiger's
version of X11 on. The next X.Org release might be timely if it is a
solid release on Mac OS X.

--Torrey