Status updates for feature freeze

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Fri Jul 30 16:48:47 PDT 2004

Below I've listed my current understanding of where we are today.  I
would like to get confirmation and/or updates on the status of each to
make sure that they are still on schedule.

1. Composite: The XAA wrappers plus the Composite extension will be
   integrated by Eric Anholt today, and Deron Johnson will review the
   code for any bug fixes or missing pieces later.  Testing can begin
   this weekend.

   After talking with Keith Packard earlier today, he said that he would
   work toward exposing the extra visuals from the extension instead of
   globally to avoid the problems with Mozilla/Flash, etc.  There is
   also a hack that could be put into place in Xlib to work around this
   problem, but that is not the desired solution.

2. XEVIE: The bulk of this code has been merged into the tree, but it is
   still not hooked in (config/cf files, miinitext.c, etc.).  Stuart
   Kreitman said during the release wranglers' call this morning that he
   would finish that code and get it checked in today.  Testing can
   begin this weekend.

3. New Trapezoid Render code: Keith Packard has checked in his code to
   his kdrive tree and will be moving it over to the X.Org tree later
   today.  There are some bug fixes/optimizations left, which he will
   complete next week.

4. ATI patches: Hui Yu has merged his code into the tree and it is
   currently being tested.

5. Screen rotation code: Egbert Eich merged this code into the tree
   earlier today.

6. Pseudocolor emulation layer: Egbert Eich merged in his pseudocolor
   emulation layer code earlier today.

7. Extension enabling/disabling: Kevin Martin will finish this code as
   discussed on today's release wranglers' call, and check it into the
   tree tonight.