Build matrix of sorts

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sat Feb 5 17:39:42 PST 2005

Hi all,
As X11R6.8 had one, it would be nice to get a kind of build matrix going
again for 6.8.2.  My contributions:

Distribution	Architecture	Builds	Installs	Runs
--------------- --------------- ------- --------------- ----
Ubuntu		amd64*		OK	OK		OK*
Ubuntu		hppa*		OK	OK		OK
Ubuntu		i386		OK	OK		OK
Ubuntu		ia64		OK	OK		OK*
Ubuntu		powerpc		OK	OK		OK
Ubuntu		sparc		OK	OK		OK

* amd64: otherwise known as x86_64; encompasses Athlon64, Opteron, and
         EM64T.
  hppa: otherwise known as parisc.

* ia64 and amd64 are listed as OK conditional on the fact that I patched
  in tdfx DRI support for them; unfortunately Roland seems unwilling to
  accept the patch to fix a regression into the 6.8.x branch, so it will
  be one that customers who directly use upstream tarballs will have to
  deal with.

I have unfortunately not got my act together and got more recent tests
going, but I have reason to believe Debian/arm is also good; this is the
only Debian architecture not listed in the matrix which I have attempted
a port of the X.Org packaging to.  Other architectures left behind until
I get some more time are: alpha, hurd-i386, m68k, mips, mipsel, s390.

-d