approval_X11R6.8.x requested

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Wed Jun 22 07:12:30 PDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 06:29:31PM -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Given that no one seems to be interested in producing a 6.8.3 release
> at this point, I'm not sure it's worth the time to nominate any more
> bugs for approval.
>
> (Perhaps I'm wrong - is anyone interested enough in seeing a 6.8.3 release
>  to want to volunteer to work on it?  Otherwise, I think 6.9 / 7.0 is our
>  next release.)

I'm interested in having a 6.8.3 release, and I suspect that others who
included 6.8 in their products will also be interested.  So, I expect
that we will eventually have one, but at this point, I think it's most
likely to happen after the 6.9/7.0 release.  If no one else volunteers
to be the release manager, I'll do it, but my first priority is to get
6.9/7.0 out the door.

Kevin