X11R6.9/X11R7 release wranglers call 4 Nov 2005

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Nov 3 18:50:56 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 20:52 -0500, Jim Gettys wrote:
> IIRC, Keithp and Carl Worth set up Asterisk on fd.o; we could conference
> via VOIP there.  I'll check with them.  I know Keith's been playing with
> kphone with success as well.

We haven't configured asterisk yet, so we'd probably need a volunteer to
figure out how to make that work. I'd like to see us move to a purely
VOIP world for teleconferences, and also run IRC in parallel -- that
makes it far easier to exchange written information like URLs or email
addresses while on the phone.

We might also be able to borrow cworth's existing asterisk server (at
theworths.org) to give this a try; he's got a teleconference number you
can dial into there. I use kphone and a headset for this experience;
kphone doesn't (yet) have any echo cancellation so you can't use a
speaker-phone setup.

-keith