[Roadster] Cairo question

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Aug 29 09:49:04 PDT 2005

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:17:50 +0300, Ehud Shabtai wrote:
> Looking at the screenshots, roadster seems to be able to draw roads
> which are bound by a thin black line. How can that be done with cairo?
> Are there any settings which cause cairo to draw the bounding lines
> automatically or does roadster draws the roads as thick lines and then
> manually draws the bounding thin lines?

The roadster hack is even simpler than that. I believe it first draws
a thick stroke, and then afterwards draws a very-slightly-less-thick
stroke in a different color, leaving only a thin portion of the
original stroke color visible.

That's a pretty cute hack for some missing functionality in
cairo. We've had an item on our TODO list for quite some time which is
to add a new call:

	void
	cairo_stroke_to_path (cairo_t *cr);

which will replace the current path with a path that follows the
outline that would be made by calling cairo_stroke. This new function
will allow much more general effects, (such as stroking the outline of
a wide stroke but without disturbing the interior regions of the wide
stroke).

-Carl