[Roadster] browser-like behavior

Ian McIntosh ian_mcintosh at linuxadvocate.org
Tue Feb 22 11:26:49 PST 2005

If we can make Roadster work something like a web browser, it'll be easy
for everyone to learn.  Examples:

A "Back" button in the toolbar, so you can always get back to where you
were before a search (and we can auto-jump to search results without
losing user information: where they currently are).

A "Bookmarks" menu item, where users could store their most common
places (their house, work, etc.), or just cool places (some places just
look neat!).

This list could be used for quick routing: "get directions from here to
[Home, Work, Other location...]".

A "Home Page" setting, which would be the location to use when Roadster
starts (unlike MS S&T, users won't necessarily have the whole country
loaded, so we can't just start at a country-wide view).

The new search box in the toolbar is already very Firefox-like.

Thoughts on modeling Roadster after a web browser or these specific
proposals?