[Roadster] re: Routing Directions

Ian McIntosh ian_mcintosh at linuxadvocate.org
Wed Mar 16 18:56:50 PST 2005

Hi Steven,

> I'd love to be able to route planning that is bike-aware.

Please bring this up again once we have route planning in.

The algorithm that finds paths will make its decisions based on "scores"
for different types of road.  In a "bike routing mode" the scores can be
different.

However, a lot of this functionality would require data that's just not
available (bike lanes, shoulder widths).  We could talk about adding
this data in the same way we may add one-way road flags, but this is not
for a while.

> -Append saved GPS trace to a map where it doesn't overlap known roads

This is planned.  When loading a trace we could have an option to take
advantage of the "stick to roads" feature or not.

-Ian