[Roadster] Runtime errors and unresponsive GUI

Matthew Szatmary slimscsi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 10:31:41 PDT 2006

Hello.

I stumbled across the roadster project while looking for mapping
software for an automotive PC. This project looks very promising, and
I would like to join the development team. Specifically, in the short
term, I would be interested in working on moving the tigerline import
code into its own library/program, followed by the mysql to sqlite
migration.

For now, however, I am simply trying to get the existing code base
working, and have solved some of the issues posted a while back.

For anyone interested:
I eliminated the mysql_emedded errors by commenting out the #define
HAVE_MYSQL_EMBED line in db.c to use a client server version of mysql.

I have also eliminated the "could not find signal handler" errors by
adding the -rdynamic compiler flag to CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS in the make
file.

There are still some issues importing the tigerline files (it fails,
maybe related to the MySQL change I mentioned above), and a few more
run time errors/warnings to handle. I'll look into those when I get
some time (probably next week)

-Matt