[Roadster] install problems

Knight Walker kwalker at kobran.org
Mon Oct 23 14:25:20 PDT 2006

Gentlemen,

What you are seeing is a change in the Glib/GTK+ way of allocating
memory.  Starting with GTK+/Glib 2.10, they switched away from GMemChunk
to a "slice" format for speed and memory efficiency.  The result is that
anything using the old format won't compile right now.  I believe Ian is
working on a better method for doing that so it will be compatible with
both.

Attached is a patch that Casey Harkins posted on June 13 of this year
("PATCH re:unable to compile on gcc 4.1") to make the API changes to
Roadster. I've applied it to my tree and it has worked for me.  It
should only be applied if you're seeing the errors you described, as it
will make the source incompatible with GTK+ < 2.10.

-KW