[SCIM] skim: rpm and German manual for SuSE Linux 9.1

Jan Hefti j.hefti at hamburg.de
Sat Aug 21 06:57:19 PDT 2004

Hello everyone,

I like SCIM a lot, especially when used together with skim, which allows
me to type Chinese characters as well as accented letters without having
to change input methods for the first time. Thank you very much!

And in order to share this happiness with other users, I decided to
build an rpm for SuSE Linux 9.1, which you can get at

http://www.chinaboard.de/skim

Unfortunately, I am not really an experienced packager, so if you find
any errors, please report them to me, and I will try to correct them.

There is also a very basic German user manual on the site - just barely
enough to get you started, not more. But if people read it, I will
eventually update it and elaborate on it.

Looking forward to any comments - I am sure I missed a lot of things.
Thanks again for the great programming!

Jan