[SCIM] [feature request]Give user option to load some tables only

ganlu rhythm_gan at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Aug 25 06:58:29 PDT 2004

I appreciate very much for your guys' effort to make CJK input much
easier. I simply want a feature that enable normal user to load some
code tables that they need only. Scim has option right now to
selectively uninstall tables under root, but what I am saying now is: a
normal user can decide what tables to load for input need, and some days
later or under different situation, to load others without reinstall all
tables then deleting. They should be able to simply choose which table
is going to be loaded in the scim-setup dialog. I think most of user
don't need to load all of input tables, just some of ones, but if they
don't wanna load redundant tables they have to uninstall them under
current way, you know, they may change their mind and situation may also
change, say, there are very possibilities more than one user added in
the system.  Respectively store such information in user's home
directory maybe a good solution, so scim reads corresponding part in the
config file before loading. Just a suggestion.
Thumb up to your hard work.