[SCIM] can not open scim for qterm

Cyclops cyclops64 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 17:58:14 PDT 2004

I am using scim 0.99.8.

my desktop is GNOME 2.6

for the locale, I only set the LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.gb2312

the scim works perfect for all other applications, like firefox,
thunderbird, gnome-terminal, etc.  The only exception is Qterm.

My qterm version 0.3.8 (I also tried 0.3.7 and some other older
versions).  When I want to use ctrl+space to invoke scim, there is no
response.

I tried to invoke Qterm from the terminal by

> LANG=zh_CN XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM" qterm

it's the same. and it does not report any error.

This happens for my gentoo box. I have another PC with much older
versions of scim and qterm, both of them work fine for me.

Any idea for my case?

Thanks very much

Regards,
cyclops