[SCIM] Inputting tone-correct Pinyin (not characters) with SCIM

Rachel Kronick rachel_kronick at jiawen.net
Sun Dec 5 21:53:28 PST 2004

Is it possible to input correct Hanyu Pinyin romanization with SCIM? I
*don't* mean inputting Chinese characters via Pinyin romanization; I
know how to do that. I mean something more like the correct HYPY for ni3
hao3 ma, or lu:4se4. I'm teaching Mandarin and would like to be able to
use SCIM to create Hanyu Pinyin exercises in OO.o, without having to
copy-and-paste or use "insert special character" every time.

I tried searching for this on the web but was lost among all the HYPY
character input threads.

Thanks!

-- Rachel Kronick