[SCIM] SCIM-CVS: I can't switch input methods

Ming Hua minghua at rice.edu
Fri Jun 11 09:06:03 EST 2004

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 12:14:22AM +0900, UTUMI Hirosi wrote:
> > If you use XIM instead of gtk2 immodule,
> > $ scim -f x11 -c simple -ns socket -d
> > $ export XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM
> > $ GTK_IM_MODULE=xim gedit
>
> Then I pressed Ctrl+Space, but nothing happened.

You said you use en locale, but what encoding is that?  I am using
Debian unstable, from my past experience, scim runs well in almost all
locales, but you have to set correct LC_CTYPE to have the panel working.

I would suggest trying
    $ scim -f x11 -c simple -ns socket -d
    $ export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
    (or whatever en locale you prefer, make sure you use UTF-8 encoding)
    $ export XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM
    $ export GTK_IM_MODULE=xim
    $ gedit
which works for me.