[SCIM] Pinyin and Tables disappeared from the menu.

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Wed Jun 16 23:51:55 PDT 2004

Hi!

> I just noticed that, you used "scim -f sokcet -e uim,m17n -c simple
> -d" to start scim background daemon. But the option "-e uim,m17n"
> tells scim to only load uim and m17n module. Then of course pinyin and
> all table based module won't be loaded.
> So if you want to load all modules, just use the command "scim -f
> socket -ne socket -c simple -d" to start scim background daemon.

Oh, I see...  I didn't really understand what those options were about, but
the detailed explanation in your reply to David helped a lot.  Thank you!  I
think I'm beginning to get the hang of SCIM. ;)

Actually, though, "scim -f socket -ne socket -c simple -d" doesn't seem to
work properly with UIM.  The command returns this.

No Factory loaded from uim IMEngine module!

But I tried "scim -f socket -e uim,m17n,pinyin,table,rawcode -c simple -d"
instead, then it worked!  I got the full menu back. :)  I still wonder why I
don't have icons for UIM and M17N entries in the menu while others do...  but
I don't care very much about it. ;)

>It seems the SCIM menu is not always updated properly.  I uninstalled
>Mandrake's uim and scim-uim (for dependency) to install uim compiled without
>m17n support, but when I restarted SCIM, UIM-* were still there.

I've realized I have to kill SCIM manually (or reboot) to get the menu
updated.  Isn't the process killed when logout?

Ming Hua wrote:
> Just a quick question -- is GTK+ involved in this heavy update?
> SCIM is known to break binary compatibility between GTK+ 2.2 and GTK+ 2.4,
> you have to recompile SCIM after GTK+ upgrade.

I don't think so.  They were mostly KDE 3.2.3 packages.  Thank you for trying
to help me anyway.

Yukiko