[SCIM] scim 0.99.0 scim-chinese 0.4.0 and scim-tables 0.4.0 are ready.

Zhe Su james.su at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 19:44:01 PDT 2004

Hi,
  I have one suggestion for uim & scim cooperation. Is it possible
just use scim as the frontend of uim? Currently scim has more powerful
GUI than uim, so I think uim team should focus on the input method
modules instead of the whole things. SCIM team will continue to
enhance the GUI and im framework support (eg. qtimmodule, iiimf etc.)
  We will implement scim qtimmodule very soon. And I'm discussing with
Hideki to see if it's possible merge scim into iiimf's leif interface,
and use scim's panel as iiimf's default gui.
  And I'm also considering write a wrapper for iiimf leif interface in
order to use iiimf's leif module directly under scim, just like
scim-uim.

  So in future, scim may act as an unified frontend for all other input methods.

Regards
James Su