[SCIM] skim-0.9.0 icon and panel not comming out

Kwok Lun Au-Yeung klauye at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 30 15:51:48 PDT 2004

Hi,

After reading through the documentation and search through the google, I
cannot find any solution to my problem, so I decided to use this mailing
list.

I was originally running the scim-0.99.1. It's a nice interface, but I
cannot type in some application, like licq (which is a Qt application I used
most frequently). The term "cannot type" above means those characters can't
transfer to the application, no matter how I changed those setting. So I
need to type in other application, such as emacs, and then copy and paste it
there. I am a bit suffering from this copy and paste action. So I give skim
a try. It is great, it solved the problem. But the other problem arise. The
tray icon and the input panel has disappeared!!! It's very painful to type
chinese without knowing what I'm typing (as I am a cangjie user).

What I suspect is, when I run skim -d, the follow warning come out:

kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype Skim/Plugin not
found
skim: [skimpluginmanager.cpp:108] 0 plugin(s)

Is it an error? Or it is normal to have this?
Anyone have idea on my situation?

Regards
Colin