[SCIM] SCIM on kde does not work with firefox

Franklin franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Wed Nov 3 05:10:47 PST 2004

Hi,

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 23:40:05 +0000
Mark Marszal <blueillusion at dccnet.com> wrote:

> Hi, i am using gentoo linux and kde 3.3
> I installed scim, rebuilt my qt and all apps. All input methods work
> fine on all gtk and qt apps. Except Firefox does not work with scim.
> When i righclick to select my input method, the select input method bar
> does not show. This only happens in firefox. Any clues why?
> here is my xinitrc
>
> export XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM
> export LC_CTYPE="ja_JP.eucJP"
> export GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
> export QT_IM_MODULE=scim
>
> Thank you for your help
> -Mark

Try if the following settings works.

export GTK_IM_MODULE=xim
export QT_IM_MODULE=xim

When I installed Mandrake 10.1 the first time (using KDE 3.2)
I met similar problems too.  Everytime I launch firefox or firefox installer,
it crashed.

After changing GTK_IM_MODULE and QT_IM_MODULE to xim,
it fixed automatically. :-)

Good Luck.
Franklin