[SCIM] SCIM on kde does not work with firefox

Osamu Aoki osamu at debian.org
Mon Nov 8 11:50:32 PST 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 11:13:18AM +0800, Shixin Zeng wrote:

> Mark Marszal wrote:
>
> >Ok i finally got it working with gdm!
> >then i restarted x, and i chose Custom Session from gdms session list,
> >and logged in. Scim now works on ALL qt and gtk based apps, its great!
> If this works, I guess that adding the lines to ~/.dmrc would also work,
> and it will be a preferable way.

I agree this as GDM/KDM compatible X environment setting.
---
[Desktop]
Session=gnome
Language=en_US.UTF-8
---

I keep normal Linux console locale as C/POSIX.

Instead of using .xsession, I put script in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/* which
sources subdirectory of user home.  This way, I can switch between XFce
and Standard-Gnone (like above example) through GDM menu selection.

I use Debian and I recently made very tiny script package for this
called m17n-env for Debian.

Osamu