[SCIM] scim and gtk2 apps

Jon-o Addleman jonathan.addleman at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Oct 7 14:36:09 UTC 2004

Hello,

I figured out my previous issue - it seems the en_CA.UTF-8 locale isn't
supported. After changing to en_US.UTF-8, it seems to work somewhat.

Now the issue I'm having is with GTK2 apps - if I choose X input method,
either through right-clicking or by using the GTK_IM_MODULE environment
variable, it will then work as expected. But shouldn't I be able to
choose scim directly in there somewhere? It's not even listed in the
right-click menu.

In any case, I can leave it as is for now, but I'm curious why it works
as it does, and also why the Canadian locale doesn't work. Also, is
there a way to have scim automatically activated? It'd be great to have
it set to keyboard/European right from the start, but as things stand, I
have to activate it with ctrl-space first in every single app. It's
certainly usable as-is, but for me, it'd be best to be able to use my
multi-key right from the start. Thanks!

--
Jon-o Addleman - http://redowl.dyndns.org