[SCIM] scim and gtk2 apps

Kitae neeum at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 15:05:00 UTC 2004

Hi
On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 10:36 -0400, Jon-o Addleman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I figured out my previous issue - it seems the en_CA.UTF-8 locale isn't
> supported. After changing to en_US.UTF-8, it seems to work somewhat.

As Cougar said you can use skim-setting.

or just manually
in /etc/scim/global file
There is
/SupportedUnicodeLocales = en_US.UTF-8
just add your utf8 locale like
/SupportedUnicodeLocales = en_US.UTF-8,en_CA.UTF-8

> Now the issue I'm having is with GTK2 apps - if I choose X input method,
> either through right-clicking or by using the GTK_IM_MODULE environment
> variable, it will then work as expected. But shouldn't I be able to
> choose scim directly in there somewhere? It's not even listed in the
> right-click menu.

You can set default GTK IM modules by

export GTK_IM_MODULE="scim"

Just add that where you locale set for X.