[SCIM] scim-qtimm 0.7 released

David david at plm11.pl
Sun Sep 5 04:01:20 PDT 2004

LiuCougar wrote:

>The first scim-qtimm public release is available now, please download it:
>http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scim/scim-qtimm-0.7.tar.bz2?download

First of all, hello to all. I am new to the list, I subscribed yesterday
:-) I am also new to Linux - I am Gentoo user for about a month now. So,
forgive me if I say or ask something dumb.

I would like to ask, whether Vietnamese m17n-vi-viqr is working
correctly for you? It seems broken to me.
I type: To^i te^n la` Dda vi.t.
I should get: Tôi tên là Đa vịt.
I am getting: Tô itnê là Đ avịt.

Can you confirm that? Or it is just something wrong on my system?

I am on qt 3.3.3 patched for qt-immodule binary incompatible.
SCIM 0.99.9
scim-m17n 0.1.3
scim-qtimm 0.6_pre20040820 (will check with 0.7 once I fix the ebuild)
scim-tables 0.4.3
skim 0.9.7

I would also like to learn how to write input modules for SCIM with
behaviour similar to Vietnamese (several keys that add diacritics - for
example to enter transcriptions in linguistic texts that make heavy use
of diacritics) and similar to Chinese (presenting candidate characters -
as an example can be IME to input cuneiform - it should behave exactly
as Chinese IMEs). Is there some tutorial or documentation for this
available, or the only way to learn to do it is to read the sources?

Best regards,
David