Fwd: [SCIM] can not open scim for qterm

Kitae neeum at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 4 11:49:37 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 19:19 +0800, Zhengang LI wrote:
> I got the same problem here.
> gentoo box
> qterm-0.3.8, qt-3.3.3
> with  OverTheSpot selected in qtconfig.
> is it true that all the qt-programs need a skim module to use scim?

Hi,

No, scim alone work fine with qt-programs.
I just check again.( in qtconfig and scribus all work fine)

I also use gentoo and qt-3.3.3,
I had similar experience as your problem, but that is KDE apps. not
qt.
That was caused by broken qt-ebuild.
You can see more detail from http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/scim/2004-
August/000714.html