[SCIM] skim and Fedora Core 2

Roland Wolters wolters.liste at gmx.net
Mon Sep 20 20:56:00 UTC 2004

Hi,

I tried to build an Fedora Core 2 (formerly known as Red Hat consumer) RPM
with the skim.spec which was build after my ./configure --prefix=/usr , but I
got several problems.

First, I do not have any package like kdelibs-core, but Jan (thx at this
point!) adviced me to take kdelibs-devel.
The Next thing was

rm: cannot remove
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/skim-1.0.0//usr/share/doc/HTML/en/skim/kdex.dtd': No
such file or directory

So i commented out this line in the spec file and tried again. But I got the
error

File not found: /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/skim-1.0.0/usr/lib/skim

And now I don't know what to do. In the directory ../lib/ there are only some
*.la and *.so files, and three directories called kde3, debug and scim-1.0.
What to do know? When I comment this out, I get several errors about much
extracted but  not copied files.

Maybe you can help me? I must add that I am only a beginner in using spec
files.

Roland