[SCIM] Re: skim 1.0.0 released

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Mon Sep 20 19:48:25 UTC 2004

LiuCougar <liucougar at gmail.com> さんは書きました:

> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 02:13:01 +0000, LiuCougar <liucougar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> After looking at the xim file, I modified my ~/.xinitrc file to:
>> export XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM
>> export GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
>> export QT_IM_SWITCHER=imsw-multi
>> export QT_IM_MODULE=scim
>> export LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
>> skim -d
>> exec startkde
>>
>> KDE starts normally, without any problem (with skim 1.0.0), and skim
>> works just fine.
>
> Forgot to mention: please make sure that before you restart X, no
> scim-* or skim processes are still running.

Yes, of course, I checked that.

The dcop server error message appears nevertheless.

(skim-1.0.0 CVS head from 20040913).

Adrian Schröter (CC:, SuSE's KDE package maintainer) want's to start
skim via the KDE-Autostart mechanism. He made the attached patch for
skim.

When using skim with that patch, the line "skim -d" should not be
executed in ~/.xim if KDE is started, one should wait for the
autostart mechanism of KDE to do the work instead and set only the
environment variables above. The ~/.xim file I posted to this mailing
list recently does that.

In that case, the dcop server error message does *not* happen.

But, if one has a xterm open and restarts KDE, the session
management will start the xterm again when logging into KDE again.
Input with skim into that xterm will not work, apparently because
this xterm starts fast and is started *before* skim is running.

Starting another xterm when the full KDE session including skim is
already running is OK, in that xterm the input will work, but not in
the first xterm which was brought up by the session management.