[SCIM] scim-make-table failed to make MaBiao for ZhengMa

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu@realss.com
Wed Jan 5 01:18:51 PST 2005

Hello. I recently installed SCIM on sun UltraSparc workstation. I am
glad it works. This is perhaps the only working Chinese input platform
on sparc kits.

Now here is the question: I created a input method table file
Zhengma.txt.in for input method ZhengMa (for use with scim-table). I
don't know why scim-make-table cannot deal with my file. I wanna share
my experience and get suggestions from experts.
$scim-make-table Zhengma.txt.in -b -o Zhengma.bin
table file load failed!

No error prompt telling me which part of the file is wrong, no error
context. Any suggestions?
The Zhengma.txt.in you can get from here:

gopher://realss.com/99/this_week/Zhengma.txt.in.gz

File will stay there for a week.
Thank you!

Background: Recently I am trying to add ZhengMa input method to scim. My
code to process this will be published GPL. As ZhongYi Ltd still holds
copyright over Zhengma, it's not completely legal to release it with
scim-tables, but it's very unworthy (and stupid) for ZhongYi to claim
copyright over Zhengma to scim team, so I think perhaps it's safe to
include this input method in future versions of ZhengMa, and I suggest
we do so. How do you think?