[SCIM] Scim on Debian, step 2

Osamu Aoki osamu@debian.org
Sun Jan 9 04:14:27 PST 2005

Hi,

What version of Debian do you use?  woody, sarge, sid?
In sarge and sid, scim is already packaged.

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:46:30AM +0800, Gilles Vigner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks Shixin for your help,
> I have add :
> GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
> XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"
> into /etc/environment

This certainly works but this is not what we did as a Debian helper
script to set up a proper X environment with UTF-8 desktop with SCIM.

If you remember locale-env to set-up localized non-UTF-8 environment
under Debian potato and woody, sarge comes with m17n-env by me which let
you set up SCIM easily :-)  Read the README.Debian in official Debian
testing/unstrable (for sarge release) package now.  That is in English.

> and Scim is now my default input method.

Good for you.

> So, as a second step,
> I'd like to make it work when I run Open Office.
> I tried the command :
> gtk-query-immodules-2.0 > /etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules

I do not understand context but Debian official package works out of the
box (with a few minor bugs reported in BTS.)

Next 1.0.2 package should fix more.

Osamu