[Spice-announce] Announcing spice-vdagent 0.16 and spice-protocol 0.12.8

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Thu Jul 2 08:54:37 PDT 2015

Hey everyone,

I've just rolled out new spice-vdagent 0.16 and spice-protocol 0.12.8
releases.

Major changes in spice-vdagent 0.16:
====================================
- Add audio volume synchronization support
- Add support for maximum clipboard size
- Add support for more clipboard targets (STRING and TIMESTAMP)
- Improve handling of transfers of multiple files
- Fix transfer of >2GB files on 32 bit systems
- XSpice improvements
- Various bug fixes related to resolution changes

Major changes in spice-protocol 0.12.8:
=======================================
* add LZ4 support
* add audio volume synchronization
* deprecate unused vdi-dev
* add 'preferred-compression' message/capability
* add a new Windows driver escape code to send
  monitors capability from guest to client

http://www.spice-space.org/download/releases/spice-vdagent-0.16.0.tar.bz2
http://www.spice-space.org/download/releases/spice-protocol-0.12.8.tar.bz2

Both release are signed with my GPG key:
  94A9 F756 61F7 7A61 6864  9B23 A9D8 C214 29AC 6C82

Christophe