[Spice-devel] Spice in Fedora Rawhide?

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Thu Apr 22 07:57:14 PDT 2010

   Hi,

>>    (2) spice-protocol package
>>    (3) spice package.  You need the api.v3 branch from this repo:
>>        http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~kraxel/spice/log/?h=api.v3
>>    (4) qemu + patches.  spice.v3 branch from this repo:
>>        http://cgit.freedesktop.org/spice/qemu/log/?h=spice.v3
>
> These are different from the git links on the spice wiki at
> <http://spice-space.org/page/Repositories>, not just counting the branch.

Yes.

The ~kraxel spice repo is just temporary, the changes there are planned
to be merged into the upstream repo soonish.  The patches change the
libspice-server API.  The qemu repo depends on these changes.

The vdesktop repo is based on a very old kvm version.

The qemu repo is based on pretty recent qemu git tree, development of
the patches for bringing spice to upstream qemu happens there.

> How does the qemu repo relate to vdesktop/qemu as linked on the wiki? (Sorry
> for the newbie questions, here.) And, is the kraxel tree where the snapshots
> should be built from?

When the spice API changes are merged we'll switch over from the
vdesktop to the qemu repo.

HTH,
   Gerd