[Spice-devel] SPICE Client memory consumption

xuzhinong999 xuzhinong999 at 163.com
Mon Aug 23 20:50:38 PDT 2010

Hi, spice developers,

    I am trying to port SPICE client to an embedded linux system now. Due to the resource limitation (DDR memory 128MB, Nand flahs 128MB) and CPU capability limitation (ARM11176, 800MHZ frequency), i want to know how many memories will SPICE client consume in a typical usage, for example, the VM is windows XP and only support 2D application such as explorers/word/PPT/Excel, etc?

    I have tried spice client on PC. I found spice client will consume more than 80MB memory when only 3 IE and 1 word and 1 excel are opened in the VM. Is the measurement correct? What's the factors of memory consumption? Is there some manner to reduce memory consumption?

    Thank you all! Hope to get your response.

Bill