[Spice-devel] connection-URL for spice

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 11:52:11 PST 2010

Hi

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Tiziano Müller
<tiziano.mueller at stepping-stone.ch> wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> What do you think about having a spice URL (scheme)?
> The idea behind this is that we would like to register a protocol
> handler in the browser (or in the OS) to automatically start the spice
> client based on a certain URL.
>
> examples:
>  spice://somehost:port/?password=sekrit&fullscreen=true
>  spices://somehost:sport/?password=sekrit&fullscreen=true

spice-gtk (and spicy) is using this scheme:

spice://host?port=123,tls-port=124

It make sense to specify the ports as arguments, rather than in the
address part, since there is several connections which can use either
the normal or the tls port.

regards

--
Marc-André Lureau