[Spice-devel] qemu integration question

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Mon Jul 5 03:46:28 PDT 2010

----- "Vasiliy G Tolstov" <v.tolstov at selfip.ru> wrote:

> Hello. I'm new with this list... And have two questions:
>
> 1)
> In spice wiki i found
> (http://www.spice-space.org/page/Features/QemuIntegration) that qemu
> integration done is about 80 percent. When the integration will be
> completed ?

spice is usable as is right now, you just need to use the spiced qemu repository
at git://anongit.freedesktop.org/spice/qemu
That page refers to getting everything into upstream qemu, which is the goal.

> 2)
> Spice need spiced cairo and pixman, can i'm use latest cairo and
> pixman
> from freedesktop.org site? Or may be i can patch current version... ?

If you are comfortable with building from bleeding edge git repositories,
the correct build doesn't require the spiced cairo, actually the instructions
at http://www.spice-space.org/page/BuildingOnFedora12 should be ok for fedora
13 as well. The manual is a little out of date since it talks about spice 0.4,
and we are approaching spice 0.6 now.