[Spice-devel] SPICE developers wanted

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Wed Jul 28 01:18:54 PDT 2010

----- "Attila Sukosd" <attila.sukosd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Alon Levy < alevy at redhat.com > wrote:
>

> ----- "steven" < stevenphtan at yahoo.com > wrote:
>
> > Hi Guys
> >

> > I'm looking for someone who can help with porting SPICE onto an
> > ARM-based platform using Linux. Write me if you are interested and
> > I'll furnish more details. Please include a self-introduction in
> your
> > email with your skills and experience.
> >

> Just FYI, spice has been ported to N900 and to PC-Z1, both arm based
> platforms. (different
> variants). The patches are not committed but I would gladly provide
> them.
>
> > Thanks
> > Steven

> I was actually planning to get it to work on the N810. I guess you
> still need X11 to run it, and since (at least the Xomap in the N810)
> does not do MIT-SHM, I'm guessing it would be rather slow currently.

on N900 it was usable, under X11 like you say. I don't know the difference between
the machines relating to graphics driver, but I didn't use any opengl. also, same resolution
I think (800x480 or something like that).
I don't have a n810 to test on. The "patch" I was referring to is very simple, basically:
 1. one line to configure.ac to let cpu check pass
 2. empty implementation for atomic ops - haven't given this much testing, but it seemed to work. of course
  the right way would be to actually have an arm implmenetation, but I don't know enough arm
  assembler to write one, if you find someone to do this they could do better here :)