[Spice-devel] Information on VT-D support for qemu-spice

Damien Bruley damien.bruley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 00:14:34 PST 2010

Hi,

I'm new to this mailing list, i've tested qemu-spice and i'm amaized of
the overall performance.
In fact, I would like to use that solution as Client Hypervisor and
develop an administration console to easily deploy VM to end user devices.

As Spice is based on KVM and QEMU I would like to know if it is
technicaly possible to assign VT-D (IOMMU) devices to KVM ?
I have lots of laptops all with VT-D technologies enable (dmesg | grep
-e DMAR -e IOMMU report fine)

So my question is :
- I know QEMU for SPICE is an old version of QEMU but is it possible to
assign VT-D ? All my tests did not succeed.
- Is it possible to use qemu-system with spice feature instead of
qemu-spice ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Damien