[Spice-devel] Information on VT-D support for qemu-spice

Izik Eidus ieidus at redhat.com
Wed Mar 10 15:31:02 PST 2010

On 03/02/2010 08:28 PM, Damien Bruley wrote:
> Hi ,
> Thanks for your feedback.
> I have several other question regarding Spice :
> - Is it possible to use USB plug and play ? I use option : -usbdevice
> tablet but it doesn't work for me
Hi,

usbdevice tablet is just loading the emulation of tablet device,

What you mean usb plug and play?, if you mean plug usb device into the VM
then we support it just on the physical machine, we are working on adding
usb over remote support as well !

> - Does qemu-spice support snapshots ? if si, how to use it ?

Yes ! -snapshot

> - Can you tell me how to enable VT-D if it is disable on qemu-spice

Better to wait to the next spiced qemu !

> - Is there an option to support SMP ?

Yes ! -smp x_cpus