[Spice-devel] SPICE questions

Stefan Zintgraf s.zintgraf at acontis.com
Thu Mar 11 08:20:52 PST 2010

Hi,

What kind of results? -
The bandwith that spice take?
The speed of rendering ? (interactive feeling)
The cpu it cunsom?

as i've written, the problems are speed.

It is even slower compared with "-vga std" option of QEMU.

Regardless if I run the client on the same machine or on a remote Windows machine, speed is always the same.

One point to mention:

if I move the PPT to another slide it takes several seconds until the screen is updated.

After closing the spice client and restarting it again, the screen is built immediately.

So it seems that it takes a very long time until the spice server gets updated screen data.

Well this for sure not right for any machine that i have saw.
Do you sure you are using the QXL driver? when you go to:
Control Panel -> Display -> Settings

"The Display: " say Red Hat QXL GPU ?
The display says "Red Hat QXL GPU"!

(There is a issue with windows that you got to change resoultion after you install the
driver in order to benefit from it)

I changed resolution, nothing changed regarding speed.

Thanks

Stefan