[Spice-devel] Building QXL

Izik Eidus ieidus at redhat.com
Mon Mar 15 12:18:18 PDT 2010

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:04:06 -0500 (CDT)
David Martin <david at lsbase.com> wrote:

> ----- "Izik Eidus" <ieidus at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:43:44 -0600 (CST)
> > David Martin <david at lsbase.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Will any of these work with the version of spice in rhel/centos 5.4?
> >  I'm getting "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".  I've installed it
> > on VMs with and without a previous version of QXL.
> >

> > This was built for the upstream spice:
> > http://spice-space.org/page/Repositories
> >
> > But I guess I can build you driver for 5.4 as well, but later
> > tomorrow?
>
> Did you ever have a chance to build against 5.4?

(Adding spice-devel so ppl can use this driver)

Hi, I really sorry, the attached driver should fix it.

You should see the message when loading the new driver
from the qemu terminal:
0: qxldd: new driver 1

Be careful because it might be hard to make windows really want to change driver
so please look for this message...

Can you give us feedback if you feel improvment ?

Thanks.