[Spice-devel] cannot boot from virtio / no -qxl option

Roman Lazarev romanlazarev at gmail.com
Fri May 21 12:21:37 PDT 2010

Howdy all!

Wanted to drop my 2c as well... today I finally was able to build v9 and a
32-bit spice-clinet (basically the whole unstable stack). My other set of
nodes are on stable 0.4. However I didn't have a chance to change any
windows drivers to unstable...

The main issue are

a) was unable to boot from virtio

> b) the boot on ide takes forever to boot a windows xp based machine, even
though on 0.4 it takes less than a minute (not sure about exact timeing, but
its mad fast). I have tried both v8 and v9. I have also tried both raw and
qcow, no difference... the slowness was at the windows boot splash screen...

What I'm really after is being able to use KSM with 0.12.50 qemu

Any help would be much appreciated.

PS: I was able to get a USB device connected from the client to the server,
using www.usb-server.com bits. usbip was very unstable and upon connection
to the VM was disconnecting a shared device