[Spice-devel] Windows XP reboot hung up after several times reboot

Coolper Chen lxchen at tnsoft.com.cn
Mon Nov 1 01:29:00 PDT 2010

hi,
I'm testing spice.I found an issue about vd_agent,when there's no spice
client connected to the Windows XP guest,I can't remotely reboot Windows
XP more than 3 times,in the third time,the Windows XP guest will hung up
in shutting down process,then wait a long time,there's no change(I have
a monitor in guest,I can know when the guest OS is ready).If I use
spicec to connect windows xp,I see windows xp shut down and then start.

I compare the normal process of spicec connecting guest with it,I found
vd_agent sends some messages(VD_AGENT_ANNOUNCE_CAPABILITIES, 3 messages)
to spice client when Windows XP restart 3 times.

What causes Windows XP not reboot?

I'm using spice 0.6.3 and Windows XP.

Coolper