[Spice-devel] [Announce] spice-gtk 0.1.0

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 16:52:38 PST 2010

Hi

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Paul Ionescu <i_p_a_u_l at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 14:01:23 +0100, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am very pleased to announce the first release of the spice Gtk client
>> and libraries. This release should be fairly usable, and the public API
>> should remain stable.
>>
>> http://gropes.dy.fi/~elmarco/spice-gtk-0.1.0.tar.bz2
>>
>> This release supports a number of features, including but not limited
>> to:
>> - desktop display, using GLZ compression - audio playback/recording with
>> PulseAudio - video in mjpeg
>> - python and gobject-introspection modules - spicy: a simple Gtk client
>> - snappy: a command line screenshot tool
>>
>> See the TODO list in the tarball for the list of known missing features.
>>
>> Contributors to this release:
>> Gerd Hoffmann
>> Marc-André Lureau
>>
>> Git repo: http://gitorious.org/spice-gtk/spice-gtk Please report
>> bugs/patch to spice-devel at lists.freedesktop.org for now.
>>
>> best regards
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> I was using spice-gtk-0.1.0 for a couple of days now, and I thought to
> give you some feedback.
> My test system is F14 with all updates.
> I compiled spice-gtk-0.1.0 from srpm and it works nice.
> However in dualhead setup "spicy" dumps core while "spicec" works.
> Also would be nice to have a way to independently disable the "menu",
> "toolbar" and "satusbar" plus a fullscreen autohide panel "stealed" from
> vinagre vnc client :)
>
> Where should I open a bug for the dualhead issue, and a feature request
> for the rest ?

Thanks a lot for testing the release! I couldn't myself test all the
aspects, so it's really good to get some feedback. Dualhead as not
been tested so far, for instance.

I propose you open bugs in freedesktop bugzilla:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Spice.  I'll try to
get a  spice-gtk component added. In the meantime, don't worry, just
file a bug with all the details with the "client" component.

Thanks again

--
Marc-André Lureau