[Spice-devel] linux vdagent now with copy and paste support :)

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Oct 1 01:45:16 PDT 2010

Hi All,

The linux agent now has working copy and paste support,
this needs a client compiled with agilboa's client copy and paste
support patches. It does not work 100% of the time. This is due
to what I believe to be issues in the client (looking at the
exchanged vdagent messages the client sometimes responds in a
confused manner).

Cleaning / fixing up the (x11 part of) the client patches with
the things I've learned working on the linux agent is next on
my todo.

You can grab the agent here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~jwrdegoede/vdagent-linux/

A simple "make" will give you a vdagentd and a vdagent, start
vdagentd as root, chmod 666 /tmp/vdagent (to be fixed) and
then start vdagent from your x11 session.

Note that due to a kernel bug, unless you patch your kernel
vdagentd can get behind with agent message processing,
this is caused by select on the virtio port blocking even
though there is data to be read, see:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2010-September/001151.html

For details and a patch fixing this. I've already added this
patch to the F-14 kernels, this build has it:

(as does the upstream 2.6.35.6 bugfix release).

Regards,

Hans