[Spice-devel] Video play problem

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Tue Oct 26 06:52:14 PDT 2010

Hi,

On 10/26/2010 03:44 PM, Steven Tan wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> We are using 128M of memory for a custom-built device and  are able to get spicec up and running.

Is this device using Windows or Linux ?

> However, we are encountering slow video - meaning video
> playing (low-res) is encountering jitter problem. We observed that memory usage
> averages about 60M and up to 90M tops (including O/S); CPU utilization never goes
> above 60%. The same version of spicec built on a full blown Ubuntu desktop
> platform has no problem in connecting to the same remote desktop with the video
> play.

It would be interesting to try and rule out some factors, like video card, etc.
So if possible try to build a box as much as the custom built device as possible,
and see if you can reproduce, then try to vary one factor at a time, ie
RAM, video card, network card, etc.

Regards,

Hans