[Spice-devel] [WIP] Wireshark dissector module for Spice

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Sun Sep 12 06:19:31 PDT 2010

  Hi,

Attached please find a Wireshark (www.wireshark.org) dissector module
for Spice.
It is quite complete and usable, though it has some TODO and FIXME
sprinkled here and there in the code.
It was not thoroughly tested with recent upstream code at all, therefore
I don't feel it's ready for submission to Wireshark.
Nevertheless, I found it useful and hope others would too.

To use it, just put it in the wireshark's source dir, under
epan/dissectors and add it to epan/dissectos/Makefile.common, under
DISSECTOR_SRC. Compile Wireshark and enjoy.
It heuristically detects Spice traffic on any port.

I will try to send updates from time to time as I fix issues. If you
find issues, please send them with a sample capture so I can try and fix.

Y.