[Spice-devel] spice 6.0

lensch at opensourcemedia.de lensch at opensourcemedia.de
Wed Sep 22 00:10:30 PDT 2010

Hi there,

I am experimenting with the newest version of Spice (6.0) on Fedora14
alpha. I managed to get everything installed fine via yum but my qemu
doesn't seem to work with the qxl device.

If I start it like this:

qemu xp.img -usbdevice tablet -soundhw ac97 -vga qxl -m 3200 -spice
port=5930,disable-ticketing -enable-kvm

and start the client like this:

spicec -h localhost -p 5930

i get eventually a tiny little window for the client which I cannot
maximize or toggle fullscreen.

If I start it with option '-qxl 1' I get 'qemu: -qxl: invalid option'.

If I leave out the -vga or -qxl option alltogether, the machine starts
but I only find a very sluggish system with the standart Cirrus vga adapter.
Strangely enough It does say 'spice_server_add_interface:
SPICE_INTERFACE_QXL' in the output as if the qxl-device would be used.
Any ideas?

Greetings from Norway

Christian